- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Tomato, Ham and Manchego French Toast
|Prep time||0 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
A pleasant change to a breakfast routine or nice pairing with a green salad for lunch.Easily made vegetarian by just omitting the ham.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 8 oz. Manchego cheese, sliced
- 4 slices Black Forest Ham
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Whisk eggs and water in a pie dish, season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble 4 sandwiches with bread, mayo, Roma tomatoes, Manchego cheese and ham.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Dip a sandwich in egg mixture and let stand for 1 minute. Turn bread over and repeat on other side. Dip each sandwich.
- Add sandwiches to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes or until nicely browned. Using a large spatula, carefully flip and brown on the opposite side.
- Remove from the skillet, slice in half and serve.