- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Steamed Mussels with Tomatoes on the Vine & Merguez Sausage
|Prep time||25 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2009 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
Serves 4 as an appetizer or 2 as a main course. Clams can be substituted for mussels or a combination of both clams and mussels can be used for this recipe.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 fresh Merguez sausage, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 3 lbs. fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 3 Windset Farms™ Tomatoes on the Vine coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan heat oil and butter over med/high heat. Add sausage and cook through, (about 2 minutes each side).
- Remove sausage from pan and add garlic. Sauté garlic for a minute and add white wine and whipping cream. Add Windset Farms™ Tomatoes on the Vine, mussels and cover. Cook mussels for 4 minutes or until they are fully opened. Discard any unopened mussels. Add cooked sausage, Italian parsley and stir.
- Serve in bowls with crusty bread to mop up the sauce.