- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Spot Prawn Ceviche
|Prep time||20 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, strained
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Mirin*
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split
- 1 Windset Farms™ Fresco™ Seedless Cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 oz. mixed baby greens
- 16 extremely fresh spot prawns, peeled
- In a small bowl mix together lime juice, sugar, Mirin and scrape vanilla beans into the mixture. Stir until sugar dissolves. Add spot prawns and stir to coat. Place mixture in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Arrange Fresco™ cucumber slices in circles on four plates. Mound a small amount of baby greens in the center of each circle and top with 4 spot prawns. Drizzle a little marinade over each salad. Serve immediately.**
* Mirin is a sweet Japanese wine available in Asian markets.
** This is a raw seafood dish and should be served and eaten immediately.