- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
|Prep time||15 min + 2 hr marinade|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2009 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 10 Windset Farms™ Tomatoes on the Vine, chopped
- pinch chili flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 4 leaves fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 oz. gin
- 2 Windset Farms™ Fresco™ Seedless Cucumbers, finely chopped
- 2 Windset Farms™ Tomatoes on the Vine, finely chopped
- 3 oz. pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 oz. Haloumi cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- In a blender, combine the 10 chopped tomatoes, chili flakes, salt, basil, mint and garlic. Purée until smooth. Place mixture in a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl and place in the refrigerator for 2 -3 hours.
- Discard the solids remaining in the sieve and add gin to the tomato water.
- Mix Windset Farms™ Fresco™ cucumbers, remaining finely chopped Windset Farms™ Tomatoes on the Vine™ and olives together and divide into 4 martini glasses.
- Divide cubes of Haloumi cheese onto 4 small skewers. Heat olive oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat and fry cheese until golden on all sides. Drain on a paper towel.
- Add the gin and tomato water to the martini glasses. Garnish with chives and a cheese skewer on each glass.