- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Roasted Scallops with Adagio™ Eggplant Purée & Salsa Verde
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
Adagio™ Eggplant and Roasted Garlic Purée
- 1 head garlic
- 3 - 4 Adagio™ eggplants
- kosher salt
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- cracked pepper
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Wrap garlic in tin foil and roast for 30 - 45 minutes
- Cut Adagio™ eggplants in quarters length-wise
- Season the eggplant with kosher salt (it draws out the bitterness in large eggplants), olive oil and cracked pepper and roast in the same oven for 30 minutes. You are looking for caramelized edges (golden brown) and tender flesh
- Squeeze the golden soft roasted garlic out of its skin
- Scrape the flesh of the Adagio™ eggplants off their skins
- Purée the garlic and the eggplant together in a Cuisinart with 1/8 cup of olive oil, salt and pepper and the sliced green onions
Concerto™ Grape Tomato and Fresco™ Mini Cucumber Salsa Verde
- 1 - 7 ounce can Salsa Verde
- 2 Fresco™ Mini Cucumbers
- 2 cups Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut the Fresco™ Mini Cucumbers in half length-wise and then slice thinly on the bias
- Cut the Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes in half
- Mix the Fresco™ Mini Cucumbers with the Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes and the Salsa Verde
- Garnish with cilantro
- 2 - 3 Scallops per person
- Canola oil
- 2 - 3 Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers (red), finely diced
- sea salt
- fresh lemon
- cilantro leaves
- Pan sear the scallops in a hot pan in Canola oil. Cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Garnish with dehydrated Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers (red) mixed with sea salt.
- In a warm oven, (200 degrees) over night, lay out Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers until dry.
- Puree with equal parts coarse sea salt.
When the scallops are cooked, serve them on the warm Adagio™ purée and garnish with the Concerto™ Grape Tomato and Fresco™ Mini Cucumber Salsa. Serve with wedges of fresh lemon and cilantro leaves.