- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Roasted Pepper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 2 slices of brioche loaf or white pain de mie
- ¼ cup grated smoked cheddar (per sandwich)
- 2 tubs cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup yellow Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers, roasted and puréed
- 1 cup softened whole butter (for cooking sandwiches and caramelizing onions)
- 1-2 white onions, sliced
- In a shallow pan over medium heat sauté sliced white onions in ¼ cup whole butter (caramelizing the onions). Cook slowly until natural sugars of the onions come out and turn them deep golden brown.
- For the spread, mix together softened cream cheese and puréed roasted Maestro™ peppers.
- Evenly spread butter on one side of each slices of bread. Place one slice, buttered side down in a non-stick frying pan.
- Generously spread the pepper and cream cheese spread on the slice of bread lying in the pan.
- Put grated smoked cheddar and onions on top of the spread. Place the other slice of bread on top.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown and crispy. Enjoy!