- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Red Pepper & Tomato Gratin
|Prep time||40 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2009 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
Serve this as a side dish for roast turkey, ham or beef.
- 4 Windset Farms™ Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers (red)
- 4 Windset Farms™ Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. capers, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 6 oz. goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups panko*
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Place Maestro™ peppers, whole, on a baking sheet and roast in oven until charred (about 20 minutes).
- Place roasted peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit until cool, seed and peel. Set aside. Turn oven down to 350ºF.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and herbs, sauté for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together onion mixture, roasted Maestro™ peppers, capers and Roma tomato slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Butter an 8" x 10" baking dish and layer half of the mixture from step 5. Top this with goat cheese and layer with remaining mixture. Scatter panko on top and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
*Panko is a Japanese bread crumb available at many grocery stores.