- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Squid
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||5 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 4 (approx. 1 lb.) whole squid, cleaned
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ Fresco™ Seedless Cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Maestro™ Sweet Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Toss squid with 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, chili flakes, garlic and kosher salt. Let stand for 30-60 minutes.
- Arrange Maestro™ peppers, Fresco™ cucumbers, Concerto™ tomatoes and Kalamata olives on a platter.
- Grill squid on high heat until opaque and lightly charred (about 5 minutes).
- Place cooked squid on top of vegetables and drizzle with lemon juice, remaining extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil and fresh Italian parsley.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.