- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Golden Mac 'n' Cheese
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||20 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 2 yellow, Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 yellow, Dolce™ Super Sweet Baby Bell Peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 package noodles of choice (macaroni, corkscrew, trivella)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 stick sweet butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 4 cups 2% or homo milk
- 1 small tub cream cheese
- 2 cups smoked cheddar
- 2 cups aged white cheddar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Roast Maestro™ and Dolce™ peppers at 375ºF until golden brown (about 30 minutes). Let cool, peel skins, seed and do a rough chop. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling salted water cook noodles until just under al denté. Strain, toss with olive oil and cool on a large baking tray (do not run under cold water).
- In a medium saucepot, melt sweet butter and sauté onion over medium heat until tender. Add white wine (optional) and milk.
- When the milk is simmering, add cream cheese, smoked cheddar and 1 cup of aged white cheddar, cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped peppers and simmer for 5 minutes. Add Dijon mustard and season with salt and cracked black pepper and purée in a blender until smooth.
- Combine cooling pasta and sauce together. Cover with another cup of aged cheddar (parmesan can also be used).
- Either serve immediately, or pour into a shallow baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.