- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Feta Schnitzel with Allegro® Tomato Chutney
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||25 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
A great idea for a hostess gift, our Allegro® tomato chutney also pairs very well with cheese for an appetizer.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½-inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Gusto® Hot Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 lbs. Allegro® tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- Heat olive oil in medium pot over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, ginger, Gusto® pepper, mustard seeds and sauté for 3 minutes. Season with kosher salt and add Allegro® tomatoes, apple, raisins, sugar, apple cider vinegar and molasses. Bring to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes or until chutney is very thick. Stir chutney occasionally to keep from sticking.
- Spoon into sterilized jars and cool.
Chutney will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- 4 5 oz. chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 oz. feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and flatten with a rolling pin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix breadcrumbs with feta and thyme. Coat chicken with egg and then crumbs (cover well).
- Heat canola oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook schnitzels in 2 batches for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until golden.
- Drain on paper towel and serve with chutney.