- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Endive Pear/Apple, Walnut & Gorgonzola Salad
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||4 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2008 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 4 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 heads Windset Farms™ Vivo™ Belgian Endives
- 2 Asian or Bosc pears or apples
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups baby greens
- 3 oz. Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 4 minutes, or until golden. Cool and chop.
- For the dressing, whisk together sherry vinegar and Dijon mustard. Whisk in walnut and olive oils and season with salt.
- Slice Vivo™ endives and pears (or apples) and combine with walnuts, cranberries and greens.
- Add vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Arrange salad on 6 plates and top with Gorgonzola.