- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Eggplant and Tomato Fusilli
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||25 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
A vegetarian pasta recipe that gets its “meatiness” from pan-roasted Adagio™ Baby Eggplants. You can substitute penne or any other small tube pasta for the fusilli.
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Adagio™ Baby Eggplants, cut into cubes
- 1 lb. Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes
- 1 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 lemon zested and 2 Tablespoons juice reserved
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 lb. fusilli pasta
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat and add olive oil. Add Adagio™ eggplants and sauté until browned on all sides (about 10 minutes).
- While eggplants are sautéing, cook fusilli in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the instructions. Drain, reserving 4 Tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Place hot pasta and cooking liquid in a large bowl.
- Once Adagio™ eggplants are cooked, add Concerto™ tomatoes, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, oregano and salt to the skillet. Sauté for 5 minutes, add lemon zest and juice. Remove sauce from heat and toss with pasta and shredded mozzarella.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and freshly ground pepper.