- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Cucumber Blueberry Delicato™ Salad
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||0 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 8 - 10 Fresco™ Cocktail Cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups fresh blueberries*, rinsed and picked over
- 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 heads Delicato™ Living Butter Lettuce, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place Fresco™ Cocktail Cucumbers, blueberries and avocado in a medium bowl. Toss with 4 Tbsp. of dressing.
- Toss lettuce in a large bowl with remainder of the dressing and portion onto six salad plates.
- Top lettuce with Fresco™ Cocktail Cucumbers, blueberry and avocado mixture. Sprinkle with chopped chives and toasted walnuts. Serve.
* Blueberries can be substituted with any seasonal berry.