- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Creamy Pepper Soup
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 1 stick sweet butter
- 1 white, yellow or red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ½ cups Crescendo™ Sweet Pointed Peppers, roasted/peeled and seeded
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 ¼ cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roast Crescendo™ peppers in oven until skins are blistered (30 minutes) let cool, peel and seed.
- In a large pot sauté onions and garlic in sweet butter. Add Crescendo™ peppers.
- Deglaze with white wine. Add chicken stock and cream. Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, green onions and grainy mustard.
- Serve soup, garnishing with a dollop of grainy mustard sour cream, and a slice of multigrain loaf or homemade corn bread.