- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Chicken in a Pouch
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||35 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
A classic French method for cooking fish or chicken. The chicken steams in a pouch with Maestro™ peppers and Concerto™ tomatoes, creating its own sauce.
- 4 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- pinch chilli flakes
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Maestro™ Sweet Bell Pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange 4 - 14 inch pieces of tinfoil on a work surface.
- Season each chicken breast with salt, chili flakes and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk together whipping cream, Dijon and chicken stock.
- Place one chicken breast in the middle of each piece of tinfoil. Top with 1 Tbsp. of butter, a quarter of Maestro™ pepper and Concerto™ tomatoes and sprinkle with Italian parsley.
- Fold the sides of the foil up around the chicken breasts, making a sort of square bowl and pour Dijon mixture into each pouch.
- Seal pouches and place on a baking sheet in the oven. Steam for 35 minutes.
- Open pouches carefully (steam can be very hot). Place chicken breast and vegetables on a plate. Top with sauce and serve.