- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||50 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2008 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
This zesty and full-bodied sauce is great to cook either halibut or snapper in. It is also great on its own on pasta.
- 4 Windset Farms™ Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers, roasted, seeded and peeled
- 1 (6 – 8 lb.) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 lemon, zested and sectioned
- 2 – 3 anchovy fillets, chopped very finely
- 1½ Tbsp. capers, drained
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Place the whole Maestro™ peppers on a baking sheet and roast in oven until charred (about 20 minutes). Place Maestro™ peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit until cool. Remove seeds from peppers; peel and chop.
- Heat a large skillet on medium/high, add olive oil and butter. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and brown in the skillet. Remove from skillet, set aside the pan and chicken.
- Zest lemon and remove lemon sections. In a food processor, add lemon zest, lemon sections, chopped anchovies, roasted Maestro™ peppers, capers and chili flakes. Purée. Add tomato sauce, kosher salt and purée to blend.
- Place skillet back on the stove at medium/low heat and add cacciatore sauce and chicken. Simmer until chicken is cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).
- Add chopped basil and serve over noodles or rice.