- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Allegro® Tomato Basil and Goat Cheese Tart
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 - 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 Windset Farms® Allegro® Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- On a clean work surface, lay out the sheet of puff pastry and cut a 1/2” strip off of each side of the rectangle. Brush the outside of the puff pastry rectangle with the egg white and cut 1/2” strip to fit around as a border. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and pierce the pastry all over with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven to cool for 10 minutes.
- Brush Dijon mustard over the inside surface of the tart. Place basil leaves on top of the mustard and arrange Allegro® tomato halves on top of the basil leaves. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the Allegro® tomatoes and scatter goat cheese on top.
- Season the tart with salt and return to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.