- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Banh Mi Vietnamese Sandwich
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||5 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
Pickled Dolce™ peppers found on this sandwich are great on salads or any other type of sandwich you can dream up.
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 3 Dolce™ Super Sweet Baby Bell Peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ cup daikon radish, julienned
- 4, 6-inch baguettes
- 16 oz. rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Fresco™ Seedless Cucumber, sliced
- 4 Allegro™ Tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro sprigs
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- Gusto™ Hot Sauce
- To make the pickled peppers, combine water, vinegar and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Transfer mixture to a bowl and cool.
- Add Dolce™ peppers, carrots and daikon to the pickling liquid and refrigerate. This mixture can last for up to two weeks in the fridge.
- To assemble the sandwiches, slice baguettes lengthwise and toast under a broiler.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, fish sauce and soy sauce. Slather on baguettes.
- Top with Fresco™ cucumbers, Allegro™ tomatoes, chicken, cilantro sprigs and fresh mint.
- Add Gusto™ Hot Sauce to taste and serve.
You can also substitute pork for rotisserie chicken in this sandwich.