- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Apple Endive Tarte Tatin
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||60 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 4 Vivo™ Belgian Endives, quartered
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- ½ stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Mix Vivo™ endives and quartered apples with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt butter and vanilla extract and pour over the endives and apples.
- Line the Vivo and apples in an assembled circle, double them up.
- Place the puff pastry on top of the apples, pinch the edges and prick the top.
- Bake at 350ºF for an hour until golden brown!
- Serve with crème fraiche, vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt!
Think of how the Vivo endives and apples will look when the tart is flipped upside down. The more produce the better!