- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Bok Choy
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Adobo Soft Tacos and Salsa Verde
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
Marinated Flank Steak
- 2 lbs. flank steak
- 2 cans chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lime
- Finely chop 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Rub generously over flank steak with olive oil, cracked black pepper and juice of 1 lime. Cover, marinate, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill or sear flank steak, 5 minutes per side. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain of the meat.
Adagio™ Eggplant & Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 garlic head
- 3 - 4 Adagio™ Baby Eggplants
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Wrap garlic in tin foil and roast 30 - 45 minutes.
- Cut 3 - 4 Adagio™ eggplants in quarters, length-wise.
- Season eggplant with kosher salt, olive oil and cracked pepper. Roast in same oven for 30 minutes. Watch for caramelized edges (golden brown) and tender flesh.
- Squeeze golden soft roasted garlic out of its skin.
- Scrape flesh of Adagio™ eggplants off skins.
- Purée garlic and eggplant together with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, salt and pepper and sliced green onions.
- 7 oz. can salsa verde
- 2 Fresco™ Mini Cucumbers
- 2 cups Concerto™ Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cilantro, rough chopped
- Combine salsa verde with Fresco™ mini cucumbers (cut in half length-wise, then sliced thinly on the bias).
- Add Concerto™ tomatoes and cilantro.
- Mix together.
- 2 cups white cheddar, grated
- 6 - 8 soft corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 - 2 avocados, diced
- Spread Adagio™ eggplant and roast garlic purée on tortillas.
- Add flank steak, white cheddar and salsa verde.
- Garnish with diced avocados.
Squeeze fresh lime juice on top of each taco before eating.