- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Adagio™ Eggplant, Maestro™ Bell Peppers & Parmesan Bread Pudding
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||90 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2009 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
A cheesy, sweet side dish for braised meats.
- 6 Windset Farms™ Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 - 1.75 lb. bag of Windset Farms™ Adagio™ Baby Eggplants, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 - 2 lb. loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1½ cups Parmesan, grated
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Place whole Windset™ Maestro™ peppers on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until charred (about 20 minutes). Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the peppers sit until cool, then seed and peel. Set aside.
- Turn the oven down to 350ºF.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs in a small, shallow bowl and place flour in another small shallow bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, dip eggplant into the egg mixture and then into the flour and shaking off any excess flour. Fry Windset™ Adagio™ eggplants, 4-5 slices at a time, turning over once, until golden brown. Rest on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Heat whipping cream and milk over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Remove immediately. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the remaining 6 eggs and slowly whisk in the warm cream.
- Heat ¼ cup of butter in a small skillet over medium heat and add shallots, garlic and fresh thyme. Sauté briefly (about 3 minutes) and remove from heat.
- Place cubed sourdough bread in a large mixing bowl and add cream mixture and butter mixture. Mix well.
- Butter a 13X9-inch baking dish and place half of bread mixture at the bottom. Layer Adagio™ eggplant slices on top of the bread and sprinkle with ¾ cup of grated Parmesan.
- Place roasted Maestro™ peppers on top of cheese and cover with remaining half of the bread mixture. Sprinkle remaining ¾ cup of Parmesan over top and bake at 350ºF for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer placed in the center comes out clean. Slice and serve.