- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Responsibly
- Log In
Adagio™ Eggplant and Chickpea Feta Salad with Lamb Chop
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2009 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
Great as a lunch salad or served with seared lamb chops for dinner it also makes a great filling for wraps.
- 1-19 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large Windset Farms™ Adagio™ Baby Eggplant, cubed
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ small Windset Farms™ Gusto™ Hot Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 9 sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 5 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 10 Windset Farms™ Concerto™ Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium/high heat and add canola oil. Add the cubed Adagio™ eggplant, Gusto™ hot pepper and salt. Cook the eggplant until nicely browned, (about 7 minutes). Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Add eggplant, chickpeas, cilantro, Concerto™ tomatoes and mint. Mix well.
- When mixture has reached room temperature, top with crumbled feta and serve.