- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Wild Salmon Gravlax
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||0 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. pink peppercorns, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 lb. fresh wild salmon, pin bones removed
- 2 Fresco™ Mini Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 4 small pickles (cornichons), chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
- Combine sugar, kosher salt, dill and peppercorns in a small bowl.
- Line a shallow baking dish with plastic wrap and leave a large flap overhanging both sides. Spread half of spice mixture on plastic wrap and place salmon on top. Sprinkle remaining mixture over salmon and wrap tightly with flaps of plastic.
- Cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside the baking dish and place cans on top to weigh down the gravlax. Cure salmon in fridge for 24 hours.
- Remove salmon from baking dish and discard any liquid. Scrape spices off both sides of salmon. Slice with a very sharp knife into thin pieces.
- Combine sour cream, shallot, pickles, dill, lemon juice and kosher salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Place sliced Fresco™ mini cucumbers on toasted baguette slices. Top with dollop of cream mixture and finish with sliced gravlax. Serve.