- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Waffles with Sweet Tomato Apple Sauce
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cook time||20 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 1lb. BC Ambrosia Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ lb. Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 vanilla bean (or 1 Tbsp. real vanilla extract)
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest
- Combine all ingredients and simmer for 1 hour in a medium sized pot with a tight fitting lid, over medium heat.
- Remove cinnamon stick and bay leaf.
- Let cool and then refrigerate in jars or plastic tubs.
- Spoon over pancakes or homemade waffles.
This will keep in the fridge for up to a month if cooled properly and is fantastic over grilled pork or chicken. It’s also a great complement for cheeses or used as a topping for vanilla ice cream or yogurt.