- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Tomato & Refried Bean Dip
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 2 Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 14-oz. cans, refried beans
- 3 avocados, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 14-oz. cans, sliced black olives
- 1 chipotle in adobo, finely chopped ***
- 1 quart, sour cream
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine avocado, lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt.
- In another bowl mix sour cream with chipotle. Season with salt to taste.
- In a large, shallow bowl spread refried beans on the bottom. Layer avocado mixture on top.
- Next, layer sour cream and chipotle mix over avocado. Top this layer with black olives, chopped peppers and chopped tomatoes.
- Finish with the grated cheddar cheese and serve with the tortilla chips.
***Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapenos that are canned in adobo sauce.