- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Sweet Pepper Potato Omelet
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2011 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 6 oz. spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small Yukon Gold potato, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Maestro™ Sweet Bell Pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated
- In a large, ovenproof skillet, sauté sausage over medium heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a bowl.
- Add olive oil to the skillet and add onion, potato and Maestro™ pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes (until vegetables are tender).
- Preheat broiler and whisk eggs with salt. Turn skillet heat to medium/low and add the eggs. Sprinkle cheese over the eggs and cover. Cook until eggs are just set on the bottom (about 8 minutes).
- Uncover and place skillet under the broiler until eggs are just set on top (about 2 minutes). Transfer the omelet to a platter, cut into wedges and serve.