- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Slow Roasted Tomato and Pepper Ketchup
|Prep time||2 hours|
|Cook time||1 hour +|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 2 lbs. Allegro™ Tomatoes, roasted
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 6 Maestro™ Sweet Bell Peppers, roasted and seeded
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 6 cloves rough chopped garlic
- 2 cups honey
- 3 cups red wine vinegar
- Slice 2 Allegro™ tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper and slow roast at 275ºF for approximately 2 hours on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Roast Maestro™ peppers whole at 375ºF, for 30 minutes, peel and seed.
**Both steps can be done a day in advance.
- In a large pot sauté onion in canola oil until tender. Add garlic and continue sautéing for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add honey, red wine vinegar and tomato paste.
- Stir to incorporate and add Allegro™ tomatoes and the Maestro™ peppers.
- Simmer for an hour over low heat with a tight fitting lid.
- After an hour, season with salt and cracked black pepper, purée in a blender and put into jars or containers in fridge.
- Serve as a condiment for French fries, turkey burgers or hotdogs!
**Will last about 1 month in the refrigerator.