- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
Toasting the quinoa brings out the nuttiness in this nutritious salad. Serve with roast chicken or grilled beef for a complete meal.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ¾ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- ½ Fresco™ Seedless Cucumber, diced
- ½ lb. Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- Heat a medium skillet over moderate heat and add quinoa. Toast for 5 minutes or until quinoa starts to pop and turn light brown.
- Remove quinoa and add to stock waiting in a medium saucepan. Cook for 15 minutes or until all stock is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Toss quinoa with pomegranate seeds, Fresco™ cucumbers, Concerto™ tomatoes, chopped herbs and the dressing.
- Serve at room temperature.
This salad will keep in the fridge for 4 days.