- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Misto™ Red Pepper & Curried Chicken Salad
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||5 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2009 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover roasted chicken. The base curry for this recipe works exceptionally well with good quality canned tuna, roast pork or lamb.
- 4 Windset Farms™ Misto™ Sweet Red Peppers, finely chopped
- ½ roasted chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. Madras curry powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. Dijon
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. tamarind or mango chutney
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- Heat small skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add curry powder, garlic and sauté briefly (only a minute or two). Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together curry oil and rest of ingredients.
- Serve on crusty baguette or on top of mixed baby greens.