- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Halibut with Concerto™ Tomato and Fresco™ Cucumber Compote
|Prep time||15 min + 1 hr marinade|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2009 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
A compelling compote that works nicely with salmon, sablefish or on top of chicken.
- ½ small red onion, thinly slice
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 Windset Farms™ Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 4 Windset Farms™ Dolce™ Super Sweet Baby Bell Peppers, seeded and chopped
- ½ Windset Farms™ Fresco™ Seedless Cucumber, diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 - 6 oz. fresh halibut fillets
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a small bowl, marinate sliced red onions in lime juice for at least an hour. Add jalapeno, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, cilantro and salt. Set aside.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium/high heat. Add canola oil. Season halibut fillets with salt and place in hot skillet. Cook halibut fillets until flesh is nicely browned (about 2 minutes). Turn fish over and place in oven for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and serve with salsa.