- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Grilled Asparagus & Panzanella Salad
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||8 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
If asparagus is not available, this bread and tomato salad also works well with grilled eggplant or zucchini.
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce*
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups Windset Farms™ Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 small or half of a large, day old baguette, cut into 1” cubes
- ¼ cup fresh basil, torn into pieces
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- To creat the vinaigrette, whisk together garlic, shallots, balsamic, honey and fish sauce. Slowly add olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, add bread cubes, basil and Concerto™ tomatoes. Pour ¼ cup of the dressing over the bread salad and set aside.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil and salt. Oil grill rack on your barbeque and grill asparagus until just cooked. Remove asparagus and place on a platter. Drizzle the asparagus with some of the dressing and top with the bread salad mixture. Add more dressing, if desired (there will be dressing left over) and top salad with crumbled goat cheese.
* Fish sauce can be found in Asian food stores.