- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Cowboy Style Burger
|Prep time||25 minutes|
|Cook time||15 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY CHEF NED BELL | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
Don’t add any salt to the rub but always season meat with sea salt or kosher salt prior to seasoning with the rub.
- 2 Tbsp. orange Dolce™ Super Sweet Baby Bell Pepper, dehydrated & ground
- 2 Tbsp. red Dolce™ pepper, dehydrated & ground
- 2 Tbsp. yellow Dolce™ pepper, dehydrated & ground
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. smoked garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- ** Optional 1 Gusto™ Hot Pepper, split/seeded
Roasted Campari Tomatoes
- 24 - 36 Campari Tomatoes
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- 2 lbs. extra lean beef, lamb, bison or turkey (or Portobello mushroom)
- 2 Tbsp. grainy mustard
- Applewood cheddar
- 1 head Delicato™ Butter Lettuce
Roasted Maestro™ Pepper Mayo
- 1 cup red, yellow or orange Maestro™ Sweet Bell Pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- black pepper
Pickled Red Onions
- 2 whole red onions
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- To create dry rub, dehydrate all Dolce™ peppers and combine dehydrated pieces with garlic powder, smoked garlic powder and cracked black pepper, using a mortar & pestle or coffee grinder (add a Gusto™ pepper for extra kick).
- To roast Campari tomatoes, preheat oven to 225°F. Halve Campari tomatoes top to bottom. Season with kosher salt and black pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet (cut side up) and roast 2 - 4 hours (depending on oven). Do NOT char.
- Combine choice of meat with grainy mustard in a bowl. Form into patties approximately 1-inch thick and 5 inches across.
- To make Roasted Maestro™ Pepper Mayo, pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place Maestro™ pepper of choice on a baking tray and roast until skin blisters. Cool, peel and seed. Blend equal parts mayonnaise and pepper until smooth.
- Cut red onions in half, top to bottom, and in half again (slicing thinly). Boil red wine vinegar with sugar and kosher salt, add onions and turn off heat. Cool and chop in flat leaf parsley.
- Grill patties until cooked through and melt Applewood smoked cheddar on top. Spread pepper mayo on bun, top with roasted Campari tomatoes and pickled onions. Add Delicato™ lettuce to bottom of burger bun and add patty.