- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Campari Tomato & Wild Mushroom Pot Pie
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||40 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
A flakey, hearty pot pie, easily made vegetarian for a rewarding, warm meal on a cool day.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups assorted wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2/3 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 8 Campari Tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat and add onion. Sauté for 5 minutes and add mushrooms. Sauté for additional 5 minutes and add sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, oregano and kosher salt. Stir and add Campari tomatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk together chicken stock and flour, removing lumps. Add to skillet. Stir well, allowing mixture to thicken and bubble (7 minutes).
- Add cooked potatoes and mix well.
- Transfer hot mixture to 1½ quarts casserole dish. Arrange puff pastry on top and trim to ½-inch beyond rim. Turn edges under and brush top with beaten egg.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Cool for 15 minutes and serve.