- Friends In Freshness
- Our Products
- Allegro™ Tomatoes
- Allegro™ Tomatoes on the Vine
- Cameo™ Cherry Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes
- Campari Tomatoes on the Vine
- Concerto® Grape Tomatoes
- Concerto™ Gold Grape Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes on the Vine
- Symphony™ Heirloom Tomato Ensemble
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Virtuoso™ Beefsteak Tomatoes on the Vine
- Product Inquiry
- Nutritional Resources
- Windset TV
- The News
- Growing Green
- Log In
Campari Tomato Basil and Goat Cheese Tart
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
RECIPE CREATED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF DANA REINHARDT | © 2010 Windset Farms™. All rights reserved.
- 1 sheet frozen butter puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 - 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 Windset Farms™ Campari Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- On a clean work surface, lay out the sheet of puff pastry and cut a 1/2” strip off of each side of the rectangle. Brush the outside of the puff pastry rectangle with the egg white and cut 1/2” strip to fit around as a border. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and pierce the pastry all over with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven to cool for 10 minutes.
- Brush Dijon mustard over the inside surface of the tart. Place basil leaves on top of the mustard and arrange Campari tomato halves on top of the basil leaves. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the Campari tomatoes and scatter goat cheese on top.
- Season the tart with salt and return to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.